Discover Ireland Tour
Galway, Killarney, Waterford, Dublin, and more
11 day group tour
Ireland is known for her breathtaking scenery, friendly people and tradition of storytelling; and the greatest story of all is the incredible history of this rugged Atlantic Island. The best way to truly understand and grasp the story and history of a country is to see things first hand – see where lands were discovered, battles fought, lives lost, and nations built.
On this customizable tour itinerary, you’ll travel through the incredible rich and diverse story of Ireland, covering important parts of the nation’s history in a chronological order each day, all the while travelling around the country and taking in the wild and breathtaking scenery along the way.
Over the 11 days on this Discover Ireland Tour you will:
- Experience mysterious megaliths on stark stone landscapes of the Burren
- Explore a stunning Bronze Age clifftop fort at Dun Aengus on the Aran Islands
- Hear about the earliest Celtic Christians and enter their stone beehive huts in Dingle
- Walk through Waterford with your award winning guide; Ireland’s oldest city founded by Norse raiders from Scandinavia
- Visit Ireland’s finest Norman castle in Kilkenny and learn about these warlike people.
- Hear about Tudors and Stuart and 100 years of English conquests through the 17th century
- See abandoned stone cottages, left empty since the Great Hunger-the Irish famine of the 1840’s which had a profound impact on Irish and US history.
- Walk through rebel Dublin and appreciate how a handful of Irish men and women declared independence and eventually broke away from the mighty British Empire
- Visit the divided city of Belfast and understand for yourself how history still shapes daily life there
So sign up today and come along with us and listen to the great story that is Ireland’s rich and diverse history; discover vibrant cities, adventure across counties, and listen to centuries of ancient stories all told against the remarkable backdrop and stunning landscapes of this rugged island.