Lingo Tours Inc – T&C
Before you enroll online, please take time to ensure you have read the following sections:
- Terms & Conditions
- Liability & Travel Agreement – Release
- Student Rules (applicable to school groups and student travelers, in particular, those students under 18 years of age)
It is important that you read all of the information in the following three sections carefully.
1. Terms & Conditions
The Registration Fee is a USD$150.00 non-refundable fee. The registration fee is the same amount for every tour, regardless of the Total Tour Cost. The Registration Fee must be paid when you enroll online. The Registration Fee is included in the Total Tour Cost and is not an additional fee. It is non-refundable as it covers the processing and administration charges to enroll each person on the tour, as mentioned above.
The following items are covered by your tour fee:
- Airfare (return ticket), unless Land Only is purchased.
- Airport transfers to your tour hotel upon arrival and from your final destination hotel on tour.
- All transportation between the destinations included on tour and the itinerary.
- A private bus and/or local public transportation to all activities included on itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation in triple or quadruple rooms, twin or double rooms, or single rooms are specified by the traveler when enrolling online. For adult tours, tour rates are based on twin room accommodation. In Europe, all hotels on tour will have private bathroom facilities, except if possibly traveling by night train, cruise ship, or ferry.
- Daily breakfasts are included unless specified otherwise in the Day-by-Day Itinerary breakdown.
- Dinners are included as per the tour’s Day-by-Day Itinerary breakdown.
- Three meals per day are included when on board cruise ships.
- A full time professional Tour Manager is provided throughout your trip from arrival day to departure day.
- All entrance fees to selected attractions listed in the tour’s Day-by-Day Itinerary breakdown.
- All sightseeing tours led by expert local guides as per the tour’s Day-by-Day Itinerary breakdown.
- Costs which are NOT included in your tour fee:
- Potential surcharges due to currency fluctuations.
- Airport fees and taxes which are subject to change by airlines.
- Any other unforeseen expenses due to re-scheduling and/or airline delays.
- Passport and/or visa costs.
- Personal travel insurance. Please consult an independent provider for medical insurance and coverage for cancellations, baggage, or tour interruptions.
- Hotel luggage porters, unless specified otherwise.
- Single and Twin/Double room supplements, unless specified otherwise in the tour program.
- Drinks at mealtimes (except tap water), unless specified otherwise in the tour program.
- Lunches, unless specified otherwise in the tour program.
- Tips for Tour Managers, local sightseeing guides, private tour bus drivers and other staff on tour.
- Excursions when on cruise, unless pre-booked and pre-paid through Lingo Tours prior to the cruise.
- Private transportation (public or taxi) to unscheduled free time activities.
Complete the online Enrollment Form and create your Lingo Tours online account via your tour’s private webpage. Then pay your USD$150.00 non-refundable Registration Fee via the Make a Payment function when logged in to your Lingo Tours online account.
Your Registration Fee should be paid at the same time as you submit your Enrollment Form and create your Lingo Tours online account. You are not officially signed up to the tour until we have received both your Enrollment Form and your Registration Fee. Late signups are subject to approval by Lingo Tours and can be denied if there is no longer adequate space on the plane or bus or at the hotel.
Tour Payment Deadlines
Once you have enrolled online (submitted your Enrollment Form, created your Lingo Tours online account and paid your USD$150.00 Registration Fee ) you are required to meet the following Tour Payment Deadlines:
- $150 REGISTRATION PAYMENT – Due upon enrollment.
- $500 PAYMENT – Due within 30 days of your registration online.
- TOUR MUST BE 25% PAID BY – Six (6) months prior to your tour departure date.
- TOUR MUST BE 50% PAID BY – Four (4) months prior to your tour departure date.
- TOUR MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY – Two (2) months prior to your tour departure date.
If you are unable to meet any of these Tour Payment Deadlines then it is your responsibility to contact Lingo Tours Inc via email (email@example.com) to set an alternative payment plan. Failure to meet these deadlines or to communicate an alternative payment schedule will result in your details being removed from the list of travelers and/or being charged with a USD$100.00 Late Fee.
If any outstanding fees owed to Lingo Tours Inc are not paid in full 45 days prior to the tour departure date, Lingo Tours Inc retains the right to cancel your reservation. In the event of such a cancellation, your refund is subject to Lingo Tours Inc cancellation policy.
Should you be entitled to a refund, you will receive the amount within 30 days of your refund notification sent to you via email from a Lingo Tours Inc staff member.
Enrollment Deadline and Late Enrollment Fee
The enrollment deadline for all tours is set to six (6) months prior to the tour departure date. It is still possible to enroll online after this date, however it is at the discretion of Lingo Tours Inc as to whether your Enrollment Form is accepted. It is advised that you check with your Group Leader in the first instance to see whether enrollment for the tour is still open.
If Lingo Tours Inc accepts a late Enrollment Form, you may be charged a late Enrollment Fee of $95. Lingo Tours Inc cannot guarantee that you will be placed on the same flights or in the same hotel as the tour group. When enrolling online late, you are required to meet any/all of the Tour Payment Deadlines that you have missed.
Lingo Tours Inc deals with each traveler cancellation on a case-by-case basis. The traveler (or parent/guardian if the traveler is a minor) must notify Lingo Tours Inc in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if deciding to cancel your tour. It is also advisable to send this email to your Group Leader as well. All costs owed to Lingo Tours Inc for pre-booked supplier services, and those which are paid in advance are non-refundable (such as airfare, hotels, transport, event tickets etc). Our cancellation terms and the cancellation charges are detailed below.
Cancellation Charges Policy
Please note that the field on the right is the total cancellation charge.
|Number of days Lingo Tours receives written notice of cancellation from traveler:||The amount refundable:|
|121 days or more prior to tour departure date||100% of the refundable tour cost (minus the USD$150.00 non-refundable Registration Fee and a USD$500.00 cancellation fee)|
|120 – 91 days prior to tour departure date||50% of refundable tour cost (minus the USD$150.00 non-refundable Registration Fee)|
|90 – 31 days prior to tour departure date||25% of refundable tour cost (minus the USD$150.00 non-refundable Registration Fee)|
|30 days or less prior to tour departure date||Total tour cost amount paid|
Lingo Tours Inc does not refund any amounts for meals, accommodation, transportation (including flights should traveler be late for scheduled flights, outbound and inbound) or any other activity during the tour that is missed due to traveler absence.
For multiple traveler online accounts (ie. a Lingo Tours online account with 2 or more travelers listed on one account with one login), the total amount paid on the account as a whole will be divided by the number of travelers listed on that account. For tour cancellation by one or more persons within a multiple traveler account, the non-refundable amount will be calculated on a per-canceling traveler basis. For example, Mary and John have one Lingo Tours online account and have paid a total of $3000 off their combined total tour fee, thus they have paid $1500 each. John notifies Lingo Tours Inc that he is canceling his tour. Lingo Tour Inc advises that the non-refundable amount per cancelling traveler is $1200. The $300 from John which is refundable can then be moved to Mary, giving her a new paid total of $1800.
IMPORTANT: Lingo Tours Inc may at any time during a tour (or in extreme cases prior to a tour departure) refuse to carry any traveler due to bad conduct or manners. Lingo Tours Inc, at its absolute discretion, may remove any traveler who causes offense to other travelers on tour. In the case of a traveler being removed from the tour, the Lingo Tours Inc Cancellation Policy shall apply.
If a traveler can not travel due to medical reasons or other unforeseen events which prevent their participation in the tour, they may elect to give their space to a different traveler, subject to approval by the Group Leader. Such a substitution may only take place 121 or more days prior to departure. Any additional costs caused by this substitution will be borne by the canceling traveler. Additional costs may include aviation ticket name changes and/or similar. The flight carrier must agree to the name change. The new traveler will need to fill in a new online Enrollment Form and pay the Registration Fee of USD$150.00. Any increase in tour price or additional tour costs shall be covered by the substitute traveler/participant.
While on tour the traveler is responsible for any additional costs incurred by them at hotels such as special rooming requests or hotel extras (hotel room fridge snacks/mini bar). If you would like to request a room change (eg. a single room or Twin/Double room supplement), this request must be submitted in writing to Lingo Tours via email (email@example.com) before enrollments close for the tour.
Land Only Tour
Travelers (except for minors) can make their own travel arrangements and join the tour at the first hotel. The cost of the tour will be adjusted accordingly. Such requests must be communicated in writing at the time of enrollment. Lingo Tours Inc will not be accountable nor responsible for any travelers who make their own travel arrangements until the moment they join the tour (meet the Tour Manager and join the group). Airport transfers (from and to) are not included when buying a tour “land only,” however the land only passengers are welcome to join the group airport transfers, space allowing.
Extending Your Stay Before/After Tour
If you intend to spend extra time in or nearby the tour destination before or after the tour, you must notify Lingo Tours Inc in writing at the time of enrollment. Lingo Tours Inc will make the necessary arrangements and will communicate the extra charges for such arrangements to you. An additional administration and booking charge of $99 will be applied. You are responsible for all additional costs incurred by such arrangement. All extra costs for this arrangement will be added to your Total Tour Fee and must be paid within the standard tour payment deadline. You will also be responsible for your own airport transfers if you are not traveling with the rest of the group on the scheduled departure/return dates
Passports & Visas
The traveler must have all necessary documentation prior to the departure date. The traveler is responsible for checking the validity of his/her travel documents. The traveler is responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to the tour departure. Lingo Tours Inc does not obtain passports and visas for travelers. Should you be unable to obtain the appropriate travel documentation prior to the tour departure date then you will not be allowed to join the tour. The Lingo Tours Inc cancellation policy will apply.
All travelers should contact the embassy or consulate of the destination countries as soon as possible upon enrollment to verify the entry requirements and the validity of their travel documents (passport and visa).
Lingo Tours Inc does not provide any type of insurance. Lingo Tours Inc requires the traveler to purchase his/her own appropriate insurance cover for the tour. The traveler’s individually purchased insurance (not provided by Lingo Tours Inc) should include medical, baggage, tour cancellation, and interruption cover.
The traveler is subject to each airline’s luggage rules and limits. It is the traveler’s responsibility to verify the rules (weight limits and number of pieces allowed). Most airlines allow for one suitcase and one small carry-on item. Any additional luggage above the airlines’ specific allowance limits will be subject to the airlines’ excess luggage fees. Excess luggage fees are not covered by Lingo Tours Inc. The traveler will be liable for any additional costs that must be paid. Lingo Tours Inc will not be held accountable for any delayed, lost or damaged luggage or contents.
Itinerary Amendments Made By Lingo Tours Inc
Lingo Tours Inc shall be entitled to make changes to any aspect of the tour, at any time, including but not limited to charges, the tour itinerary, tour route, travel dates, transportation (route and type), accommodation, Group Leader and Tour Manager. Lingo Tours Inc will endeavor to notify travelers in the event of any such change. Any cancellations by a traveler as a result of these changes will be subject to Lingo Tours Inc cancellation policy according to the Terms and Conditions. Lingo Tours Inc reserves the right to make changes despite special requests made by you.
Your tour with Lingo Tours Inc begins with the departure (take-off) of the flight from the departure gate and ends upon completion of the return flight to the United States unless the traveler has arranged his/her own travel, in which case the tour begins when the traveler joins the tour at the first hotel and ends upon the end of the tour (last hotel) and/or arrival at the departure gate in the last destination country.
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Lingo Tours Inc, its representatives, agents, officers, and the Group Leader shall not be liable to the traveler by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the agreement between the parties, for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses, or other claims for compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with this agreement.
The traveler acknowledges and agrees that the air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person is limited by their tariffs, or the Warsaw Convention, or both. Further, the air carriers assume no responsibility to any traveler save for their liability as common carriers.
The traveler agrees to comply with all local laws when abroad, including those concerning cigarettes, drugs and alcohol (and in the case of a minor, when such laws are not in conflict with parents’ permission). Failure to so comply will entitle Lingo Tours Inc to send the traveler home and the traveler will lose the right to a refund of any part of the tour costs/fee. The traveler will also bear the costs of their return journey. Further, should local authorities become involved, the traveler will be subject to the laws of that country (and/or state). The traveler agrees to abide at all times by the rules and regulations set out by Lingo Tours Inc and the instructions of the Group Leader or other Lingo Tours’ employees. Failure to do so will entitle Lingo Tours Inc to send the traveler home and the traveler will lose the right to a refund for any part of the tour costs/fees. The traveler will also bear the costs of their return journey.
The traveler agrees that if he/she becomes ill or incapacitated during the tour, Lingo Tours may, without incurring any liability, take any action it considers necessary under the circumstances, including obtaining medical treatment for the traveler and arranging transportation for the traveler to be returned home at the traveler’s expense. Lingo Tours Inc shall not be liable for the quality of medical treatment obtained for the traveler and s/he shall not be entitled to any form of refund.
The traveler will be responsible for the payment of all telephone calls or other incidental costs and expenses incurred by the traveler during the tour.
The traveler will also be liable for any damage caused by the traveler to any third party property during the tour including but not limited to hotel rooms, buses, trains, planes, and cruise ships. The Traveler shall indemnify Lingo Tours against any liability incurred arising as a result of the traveler’s actions/omissions during the tour resulting in injury or damage to other persons or third party property. Lingo Tours Inc shall not be responsible for the traveler in the event the traveler absents himself/herself from Lingo Tours’ supervised activities e.g. the traveler visiting friends, family or during stay-ahead/stay-behind periods if such periods do not include Lingo Tours’ services.
We collect basic information from you such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email, address and date of birth. The information we collect from you is to allow us to process your application and to make appropriate reservations for the purpose of the tour. We do not disclose your personal information to anyone else other than the hotels, airlines and additional service providers you will be using on the tour.
From time to time, we may use your information for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve our services. You may be contacted by post, email, or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any default due to any Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, natural/weather disaster, fire or accident, infectious diseases, epidemic, pandemic, war or threat of war, sabotage, terrorist act, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority, import or export regulations or embargoes, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action or trade disputes (whether this involves employees of Lingo Tours Inc or of a third party) or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party. The agreement between the parties, and these Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between the parties with respect to all matters which are referred to and these supersede any prior written or oral agreement between the parties. The parties confirm that they have not entered into this agreement on the basis of any representations that are not expressly incorporated in this agreement.
The traveler acknowledges that, in entering into the agreement and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, it does not do so whilst replying on any representation, warranty or other provision except as expressly provided in this agreement, and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded from this agreement to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
The agreement and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, USA and each party agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Delaware, United States of America.
2. Liability & Travel Agreement – Release
By digitally signing and submitting my Online Enrollment Form, I (or parent/guardian if minor), applicant for a group tour provided and delivered by LINGO TOURS INC , agree to the following:
1. The tour (by Lingo Tours Inc ) begins after boarding the flight at my departure gateway and ends upon landing of the return flight at my arrival gateway.
2. I agree to release Lingo Tours Inc (which shall include Tour Managers, staff members, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, and any other employees of Lingo Tours Inc, as well as Lingo Tours Inc as a company itself) and my school including my teacher and/or Group Leader from, and agree not to sue such individuals and entities for, any claims that I may have arising from, or in connection with, any physical or property damage or other loss that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever other than the gross negligence of such persons and/or entity. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I release such persons from, and agree not to sue such persons for, any damages that I may suffer from any injury, financial or physical loss, damage, accident, delay, or expense resulting from events beyond their control, including, without limitation, acts of God, weather, war, strikes, incidents of politically motivated violence, sickness or quarantine, infectious diseases, epidemic, pandemic, government restrictions or regulations, and, in the absence of gross negligence, arising from any vehicle, or from any act or omission by bus or car rental agency, steamship, airline, railroad, taxi or tour service, hotel, restaurant, school, university, or any other firm, agency, company, or individual.
3. I understand that the air carriers’ liability for loss or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is limited by their tariffs and/or the Warsaw Convention and related agreements. Further, I understand that the air carriers assume no responsibility to any traveler aside from their liability as common carriers.
4. I understand that Lingo Tours Inc is not responsible for me when I am apart from Lingo Tours Inc – supervised activities, such as visits to friends or relatives, or during stay-ahead/stay-behind optional periods if the optional period does not include the services of a Lingo Tours Inc Tour Manager.
5. If I become ill or incapacitated, Lingo Tours Inc and its employees, or my Group Leader, may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment (at my own expense) and transporting me home.
6. If I become ill, infected, hospitalized or incapacitated, Lingo Tours Inc and its employees, or my Group Leader, will not be held responsible for any cost inflicted by such interruption, including, but not limited to, additional accommodation, private transfers, flights and hospitalization or other related direct and indirect costs. Lingo Tours Inc and its employees or related staff will not be held responsible for any of my long or short term health implications including death and I or my next of kin will not sue Lingo Tours Inc or its staff for any costs or health, including death, related incidents caused by the risk of travel including but not limited to Act of God, explosion, flood, tempest, natural/weather disaster, fire or accident, infectious diseases, epidemic, pandemic (covid-19), war or threat of war, sabotage, terrorist act, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority, import or export regulations or embargoes, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action or trade disputes (whether this involves employees of Lingo Tours Inc or of a third party) or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party including known threats prior to departure.
7. I agree to abide by Lingo Tours Inc regulations and the directions of my Group Leader or Lingo Tours Inc’ personnel during my tour. Failure to do so may result in Lingo Tours Inc terminating me from the tour immediately. I understand that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my Tour Fee and that Lingo Tours Inc may then send me home at my own expense.
8. I agree to abide by all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol (and if I am a minor, when such laws are not in conflict with parental/guardian permission). I understand that to abuse or disobey such laws is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my Tour Fee and that Lingo Tours Inc may then send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
9. I understand that I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses, ferries, trains, or cruise ships. I will indemnify Lingo Tours Inc and hold it harmless for any financial liability or obligation which I personally incur, or injury or damage to the person or property of others which I cause or contribute to, while participating on a Lingo Tours Inc tour.
10. Lingo Tours Inc reserves the right to refuse or cancel any enrollment at its sole discretion.
11. Lingo Tours Inc has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of changes being made, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the “Lingo Tours Inc Terms and Conditions” supplied herewith.
12. I understand that it is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents, including passport and visas, unless specifically arranged for the group by Lingo Tours Inc. Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the normal cancellation guidelines as outlined in the “Lingo Tours Inc Terms and Conditions.”
13. I acknowledge my choice to travel with the teacher/Group Leader organizing my group, and I understand that this choice is not the responsibility of Lingo Tours Inc. I understand that Lingo Tours Inc reserves the right to reassign my group to a replacement teacher/Group Leader should my original Group Leader be unable to, or determine not to, participate in the tour and that the standard cancellation policy will apply if I choose not to travel with the new Group Leader.
14. I understand that future Lingo Tours Inc advertising and publicity material may include statements made by travelers or their video clips or photographs, and I consent to such use of my comments or photographic likenesses.
15. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Lingo Tours Inc and me with reference to the subject matter referred to herein, and I understand that no warranty or representation not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by agents of Lingo Tours Inc or by my school or Group Leader, applies to any Lingo Tours Inc tour. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by a Lingo Tours Inc officer at Lingo Tours Inc, The State of Delaware.
16. This agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Delaware. Any claim or dispute arising hereunder shall be settled by arbitration before a single arbitrator in The State of Delaware, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the State of Delaware then in effect, it being expressly agreed that any right to have the matter determined by a court, small claims or otherwise, is hereby waived. The award rendered by the Arbitrator shall be final, and judgment may be entered upon it in accordance with applicable law in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notice of the demand for arbitration shall be filed in writing with the other party to the agreement and with the State of Delaware court. The demand shall be made within six months after the claim, dispute, or other matter in question has arisen.
3. Student Rules
A tour abroad entails a lot of responsibility and good judgement by all travelers in the group. You will encounter differences in culture and habits. The following rules have been set out precisely to help manage these differences and to ensure a safe, pleasant, and relaxed tour for all members of the group.
Stay in Subgroups
It is very important that your teacher and Group Leader is aware of your whereabouts throughout the tour. During your free time away from the main group you should always stay in small groups of a minimum of four students together, provided that you have the permission to leave the main group by your Group Leader. Be very clear about where you are going, your timings, with whom you are, and when you are expected to return. Make sure that you have the address and phone number of your hotel and your Tour Manager on you at all times. Use free Wi-Fi in public places to update your Group Leader in the event of any changes.
Use and Possession of Alcohol and Narcotic Substances
Under no circumstances shall any student under the age of 21 drink any alcohol while on tour. If you break this rule you will be sent back home at your own expense. Parents will be consulted prior to any actions to discuss the situation. Any student in possession of and/or using any type of narcotic substance will be sent home and the expense of this will be covered by parents.
No weapons of any sort are allowed on tour. Weapons including, but not limited to, souvenir knives of any kind are all forbidden to be carried on tour.
Students must be in their hotel rooms by midnight. Exceptions for curfew timings may occur when the Group Leader and/or a scheduled activity necessitates staying out later.
Vehicles on Tour
It is strictly forbidden for students on tour to rent and/or use any type of motor driven vehicles.
Drones and Flying Objects
Travelers are not allowed to bring and/or use any type of drone or other remote controlled flying objects on tour.
Visiting Family and Friends
Should you wish to visit friends and/or family while on tour you must have written permission from your parent and/or legal guardian prior to tour departure date. Your Group Leader must be informed, provide his/her consent, to the visit and receive a copy of such written permission prior to the tour departure date.
Respect and Courtesy
When on tour, be respectful and mindful of your fellow travelers. Always think about your own safety and wellbeing on tour. Please remember that what is OK for you, might not be OK for others, so please consider the group and your roommates and respect them by using good judgement and common sense. At all times, YOU are responsible for being on time and for your own belongings including luggage and valuables.
The rules listed above are considered minimum standard tour regulations for all students traveling with Lingo Tours. Your Group Leader will inform you of any specific rules and expectations required of your group.
Any serious misconduct and/or breaking of these basic rules may result in the student being sent home and parents will have to cover the costs of the return journey.
Prior to Tour
Make sure you understand the local currency of your destination, it will prevent you from making mistakes when handling the new currency while on tour. You may want to create a quick conversion chart or download a currency converter app to your smartphone to be better prepared when making small purchases on tour.
We advise you to exchange some money into your destination currency before departure; just enough to keep you going the first day or two.
We also advise you to make a packing checklist to make sure you do not forget any important items. You can also use your packing checklist when on tour to ensure you do not leave anything behind at the hotels etc. on tour.
It is always a good idea to learn some of the basic language for the destinations on tour. Polite phrases such as “excuse me,” “please,” and “thank you” will make a big difference in the way the locals will react to you.
Minimize your luggage. Never bring more than you can carry yourself. Do not bring items unless you really need them on tour.
Avoid bringing electrical devices (hair dryer, toothbrush etc.) as the voltage is different in Europe (V220) compared to the USA. Modern electronics such as tablets, smartphones, and similar are chargeable on all voltage levels, but you will need an adapter for your plug.
If you are not using your smartphone as an alarm clock, make sure you bring an alarm clock.
While on Tour
Try to stay awake until at least 10pm on arrival day so that you get rid of your jetlag ASAP.
Respect the group by being on time for all meeting times and departures. Being late is both disrespectful to others and can cause you to miss your departure.
Make sure you take care of your valuables. Keep your money in a safe place at all times, especially when in a crowded space such as public transport or elevators. Do not have mobile phones sticking out of your pockets and avoid having valuables visible when in public spaces with plenty of tourists.
Carry small amounts of cash that will be enough for one day only.
Make sure that you always keep an eye on your luggage. You are responsible for making sure it is being loaded onto the tour bus.
Do not leave the group at any time, unless agreed and approved by your Group Leader. When traveling with the group, make sure that the Tour Manager and Group Leader know where you are if you need to go to the restrooms or similar. Make sure you notify the leaders upon your return.
When traveling in a foreign country you are an ambassador for your school, city, and country. Behave responsibly. If you are not certain about the local manners, observe the locals.
Be silent and respectful in hotels at night. Your group is not the only guest at the hotel and some guests might be sleeping early. Do not slam doors or shout in corridors.
Keep your hotel room neat and clean and be respectful to hotel staff.
When on the tour bus, do not litter or put dirty feet on the seats. Be friendly and respectful to your driver, his/her cooperation is crucial for a good tour.
You may be held responsible for any damage to hotels and buses.